2013 Schedule of Events
Fun for the Whole Family
- Music all Weekend (see band listings on Entertainment Tent page)
- Flea Market and Arts and Crafts Fair all Weekend
- Kid’s Trout Fishing on US 31 and Bouncer Carnival at the Park
Friday, August 9, 2013
Alanson Riverfest Teen Dance
In the Entertainment Tent on Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 7:00 pm
Bark In the Park Till Dark
A FREE event for animal lovers and their pets! Bring your pooch for a series of contests
Events begin at 6:00 – Registration begins at 5:00. Events:
- Best Dressed
Sponsored & Managed by Friends of Alanson. This event is a fundraiser for Northern Michigan Animal Rescue Network. You can get your registration form at friendsofalanson.org or fill one out before the events begin.
Friday Night River Stories with Smore’s
End the day hearing some great stories of the Crooked River area. 9:30 pm at the Village Park Pavilion.
Saturday, August 10, 2013
Alanson Riverfest Kayak Race
- COME ONE! COME ALL! Prizes and T-Shirts!
- Saturday, August 10, 2013
- There will be 2 races: A Recreation (1 mile) and a Touring Race (2.5 mile)
- Registration begins at 8:30am. Races begin at 9:00am.
- Registration Fee – $15.00, click here for application
The Depot Restaurant will do
a Free Pancake Eating Contest!
Saturday, August 10 at 10:00am. (sign up begins at 9:45am). It will be held on their deck, under the canopy. The winner will get a Depot T-shirt and gift certificate for a pizza. All participants will get a gift certificate for a pizza.
Frozen T-Shirt Contest!
- 10am-Noon Saturday at the Beginning of River Street
- Brrrrrr! Melt the shirt and put it on!
- Free – but must register. Click here for application.
At the Park Saturday Morning, 10 – Noon: Contests
- No Registration
- Frog Race (BYOF) 10:00 am win Bounce Carnival bracelets!
- Whip-Cream-Pie-Bubble-Blowing Competition at 10:45 am winner presented with a plaque!
- Tot-Trot at 11:30 am Must be under 4 or under. Special prizes awarded!
- Parent and Child Sack Race at Noon am Win a ribbon!
Alanson Area Library Annual Book Sale
Saturday at the Community Building, 10 am to 2 pm
At the Park Saturday Afternoon
- Noon – 5:00 Free Family Fun Fair
- Like a Community Birthday Party!
- Cake, Punch and Coffee, Noodle-Basket Ball, Giant Bubble Makers, Pipe-Duck Races, Rope Maze, Lollipop Tree, Kick Croquet, Horseshoe Games, Chicken Chucking and Art with Gordon!
Mossback Base Ball Game
Watch an old-fashioned base ball game! Bring your lawn chair. Alanson Boosters will be selling hot dogs. 1:00 at El-Rancho field on M-68.
Saturday, 2:00 – 4:30
Entertainment Tent – No admission charge.
- Old-Fashioned, New-Fangled Family Shindig!
- Square Dance with the band, Harbor Hoe Down!
- You don’t have to know anything about square dancing.
- You will be shown everything you need to know for each dance.
- Also win a blue ribbon for “best-shindig outfit”!
The Highlight of Alanson Riverfest!
Lighted Boat Parade on Crooked River
Starts soon after 9:30 – at dusk. To enter, see applications and forms page.
Glow Run! SAT. 9:30 pm check In.
A fun run through the village! Get Ready – Set – GLOW! Starts and ends at the Entertainment Tent. Must be 21 or over. Saturday night approximately 10:00 pm
Registration Required Fee (now reduced!) $15.00 – click here for application.
SUNDAY, August 11, 2013
Alanson Area Church Community Service
Sunday, 11:00 at the Entertainment Tent.
Petoskey Steel Drum Band
On River Street by the Swing Bridge Sunday, Noon – 1:00
Sunday, 1:00 – 5:00. Cirque Amongus
Learn circus arts – hands on fun! FREE. Led by the educational troupe Cirque Amongus, these professional entertainers introduce kids to the fundamentals of circus arts such as the trapeze, tight wire, juggling, acrobatics, and magic. and . . . ride a fun cycle – a bicycle that seats six!
Concert with Papa Crow! A musician/songwriter who brings happy, upbeat music that is also soulful. Parents enjoy listening and interacting as well! At the conclusion of the concert, the “hot dog lady” will help the children break a piñata – plenty of candy for everyone!
Alanson Riverfest Sponsors
Admirals of the River
Captains of the River
- Petoskey Area Visitors Bureau
- First Federal Bank
- Citizens National Bank
- Key Printing
- Pellston Lodge
- Petoskey News Review
- Huron Distributors/Budweiser
- Wayne's Electric
- Dam Site Inn
- Windjammer Marina
- Maple River Animal Clinic
- Little Traverse Primary Care
- Ryde Marine
- Pellston Lodge
First Class Passengers
- Douglas Lake Bar
- Burt Lake Preservation Association
- Maple Bay Marine
- Circuit Control Corp.
- Coldwell Banker, Fairbairn Realty
- All Pro Restoration and Painting, LLC
- Bank of Northern Michigan
- Dave Kring Chevrolet
- Ginop Sales, Inc.
- Odawa Casino and Resort
- Ranch RV Sales, Inc.
- Wilson Insurance
- Spanky’s Power Sports, Inc.
- Michigan Bait
- Indian River Sports Center
- Louis Market and Shell Station