2014 Schedule of Events
DDA ATV RAFFLE
Drawing is Sunday August 10th at 3:00 pm in the Entertainment Tent
Look for the DDA silent auction located in front of the entertainment tent. Items are made by local tradesman and women
Fun for the Whole Family
- Music all Weekend (see band listings on Entertainment Tent page)
- Flea Market and Arts and Crafts Fair all Weekend
- Kid’s Trout Fishing on US 31 behind Youngs Bait sponsored by Michigan Bait Fish Farms and the Bouncer Carnival at the Park with new items.
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
6:00 pm to 9:00 pm in the Big Tent. Your volunteer shirt and name badge will be available for pickup or you may stop in to sign up for a fun filled shift but be early to secure the spot you want. First come, first serve.
Thursday, August 7, 2014
Alanson Riverfest Teen Dance
In the Entertainment Tent on Thursday, August 7, 2014 from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Cover charge is just $3.00. DJ Tanner is BACK!!!
Friday, August 8, 2014
- Arts, Crafts and Antique Flee Market
- Carnival in the Park
- Round Wolf Primitive-Fur Trader demonstrations
- Tommy Tropic and son-Jugglers and Magicians
Bark In the Park Till Dark (No cost to watch)
An event for animal lovers and their pets! Bring your pooch to the Village park for a series of contests.
Events begin at 6:30 – Registration begins at 6:00. Events:
- Best Dressed
Sponsored & Managed by Friends of Alanson. This event is a fundraiser for Northern Michigan Animal Rescue Network. You can get your registration form at friendsofalanson.org or fill one out before the events begin.
Saturday, August 9, 2014
Guided Kayak Excursion/Fundraiser
Let’s color up the beautiful Crooked River with Kayaks for this first ever, 2 hour guided kayak paddle and fundraiser. The Inland Water Route Historical Museum’s new Truscott replica is under construction and when finished will take guests for river trips and cruises down the Crooked River just like our many ancestors had many years ago. Your $15.00 entry fee will help fund this project.
This event will start at 9:00 am at Stafford’s Crooked River Lodge on US31 just north of Alanson with an optional breakfast from 7am to 9am for $5. No need to pre-register. Call Wayne Blomberg at 231-838-5309 for more details.
Sponsored by Ryde Marine
Race is at 9:00 am but be sure to register in the park behind the Library at 8:00 am. Race is sponsored by the Alanson Cross Country Team.
The Depot Restaurant will do a Free Pancake Eating Contest!
Saturday, August 9th at 10:00am. (sign up begins at 9:45am). It will be held on their deck, under the canopy. The winner will get a Depot T-shirt and gift certificate for a pizza.
- Noon to 2:00 pm Saturday, located on River Street next to Tigerlilly’s Flower shop
- Brrrrrr! Melt the shirt and put it on!
- Free – but must register. Frozen T-Shirt Contest Application
Sponsored by The Alanson Depot Restaurant
At the Park Saturday Morning, Noon to 1:00 pm: Contests
- No Registration
- Frog Race (BYOF) 11:00 am win Bounce Carnival bracelets!
- Whip-Cream-Pie-Bubble-Blowing Competition at 11:30 am winner presented with a plaque!
- Tot-Trot at 12:30 am. Must be 1-4. Special prizes awarded!
- Free face painting
- 12:45 pm Kids fun run 5-7
- 1:00 pm Kids fun run 8-11
Friends of the Alanson Area Library Annual Book Sale
Saturday at the Community Building, 10 am to 2 pm
At the Park Saturday Afternoon
Pinata sponsored by That’s My Dawg 1:30 pm
The Northern Lights Irish Dancers 2pm – 4pm
SUNDAY, August 10, 2014
Alanson Area Church Community Service (In the Big Tent)
Hosted by the Alanson Church of the Nazarene
Meeting at 9am for fellowship with an awesome service from 9:15 to 10:15am
A Free will offering will help buy the Alanson Fire Department a new Thermal Imaging Unit.
The Petoskey Steel Drum Band
Noon to 1:00pm Playing in the Village Park Next to the Swing Bridge- Free Concert. Formed in 1997 under the direction of Barry Bennett, The Petoskey Steel Drum Band has performed throughout the state of Michigan and at other venues including; Epcot Center, Walt Disney World, Mardi Gras in New Orleans-7 times, the Caribbean Islands, and Hawaii. The group also just finished building a double decker “parade trailer”. This 2 story trailer was designed specifically for the New Orleans Mardi Gras parades but is also be used in local parades and festivals. The group performs 30-40 concerts a year and over 20 during the summer and annually at the Alanson Riverfest!
Sponsored by WW Fairbairn and Sons
Harbor Springs Highland Fling
2:00 pm In the Park enjoy the lively Scottish Dancers as they demonstrate the heritage of their people.
Alanson Riverfest Sponsors
Admirals of the River
- Huron Distributors/Budweiser
- Pellston Regional Airport
- Staffords Hospitality
- W.W. Fairbairn & Sons, Inc.
Captains of the River
- First Federal of NM
- Northwoods Family Restaurant
- Petoskey Area Visitors Bureau
- Petoskey News Review
- The Alanson Depot Restaurant
- Carl Drayton Builders
- Citizens National Bank
- Dam Site Inn
- The Depot
- Little Traverse Primary Care
- Maple River Animal Clinic
- Michigan Wholesale Bait
- Petoskey Area Visitors Bureau
- Wayne’s Electric
- Windjammer Marina
First Class Passengers
- Bank of Northern Michigan
- Circuit Control Corp.
- County Wide Services
- Crooked River RV Park
- Dave Kring Chevrolet
- Ginop Sales, Inc.
- Indian River Contractors
- Indian River Sports Center
- Key Printing and Design
- Maple Bay Marine
- Northwest Hydraulics & Engineering
- Ranch RV
- Ryde Marine
- Team Spanky’s
- Two Loon’s Lagoon
- Williams Excavating Inc
Friends of Riverfest
- Best Western of Harbor Springs
- Bills Farm Market
- Boat Doctor of NM
- Burt Lake Preservation Association
- Coldwell Banker, Fairbairn Realty
- Dave Watson-Real Estate One
- DeYoungs Lawn Care, Inc.
- Dutch Oven Shops
- The Dutch Oven Yarn Shop
- El Rancho
- Emmet Brick & Block
- Hamills Floor Covering
- Henry Pfeifle
- Highland Trails
- Insurance by Burley
- Louis Market – Alpena Oil
- Meyer ACE Hardware
- Michel’s Collision and Restoration
- Moose Jaw Junction
- PJ's Family Hair Care
- Pro Build
- Rainbow Seamless Gutters
- Thirsty Sturgeon